Individual Prosciutto and Spinach Pies came into my life after opening an issue of Coastal Living magazine. Their original recipe is the perfect dinner pie, only requiring 15 minutes of prep and 14 minutes to bake. I’ve had a hectic week, in preparation for a big work trip to London, and this little dish has been the cure to eating well without a ton of available time.
Make them at home like this:
- 12 thin slices prosciutto, halved crosswise (about 1/2 pound)
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup loosely packed spinach, stems trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan or 12 ramekins. Place prosciutto slices into bottoms and up sides of cups, overlapping in a crisscross pattern.
- 2. Combine eggs, salt, and pepper. Divide spinach and cheese among muffin cups. Pour egg mixture evenly into muffin cups.
- 3. Bake pies 14 to 16 minutes or until just set. Let stand about 5 minutes. Loosen pies by running a knife around the edges of each cup, and then lift out of pan with a small spatula. Serve immediately.