Sweet baby Jesus, being the only sister amongst three brothers has taught me a lot. As I procrastinate writing a book and packing for a Central American jungle vacation, here are nine known facts of girls who grew up with a boatload of brothers.
1. Brutally honest feedback is offered like a casual hello. You will always be given a reality check. With love, but like the Real World Season 1.
2. Any group of dudes invited to the home you share with your boyfriend or husband will never, ever trump the noise and chaos of having brothers who filled up your parents’ finished basement like a frat house.
3. You have immediate, lifelong best friends who double as your bodyguards.
4. You are never the only weirdo in the room.
5. No matter the decade, you are clued into current music, sports, baby goat GIFS, and random WWE heavyweights.
6. If you get dumped you’ve got the toughest, funniest crew to put it all into perspective (and to remind you how dumb the guy was anyway)…
7. When you fall in love you’ve got the toughest, funniest crew to test the new guy’s sense of humor and his intentions for dating you.
8. You are a diplomatic, patient, strong woman because growing up with brothers gave you stellar problem-solving skills and honed an inherent ability to communicate.
9. You’ve got invaluable insight into how men think and will always be able to laugh at yourself.
Image via IMBD / Written by JBD